A recent conversation between Riley and myself:
"What's dat, Mommy?" as she squats down to inspect Logan's privates after a bath.
Me: "That's his penis. It's where his pee comes out"
Riley: "His peanuts?"
Me: "No, penis."
Riley: "Peanuts?"
Me: "Yeah, ok."
Riley: "I has a peanuts."
Me: "No, you don't. Boys have a penis, girls have a vagina."
Riley: "I has a bagina, boys has a peanuts."
A later conversation in the car, that Riley was having with herself:
"I not has a peanuts. I has a gina. Mommy has a gina. Logan has a peanuts, Daddy has a peanuts, boys has peanuts."
And yet another conversation:
"I a princess, Mommy." Then she names a couple of little friends at preschool that are princesses, then also names a boy.
Me: "A boy is a prince, a girl is a princess."
Riley: "A boy not a princess."
Me: "I know, a boy is a prince and a girl is a princess.:
Riley: "A boy NOT a princess. A princess not has peanuts."
No comments:
Post a Comment